From 2012 Perú

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday: August 9

Our first day in Huanta. The morning devotion was lead by Tom Skinner:
The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible.  George Burns

We were excited about once again seeing our friends at the Cristo Rey Church. It was just as uplifting as we remembered. Cristo Rey has a new charismatic and dynamic pastor, Vlado Massõn. Those of us that visited last year noticed a significant and wonderful change in the church. Now the church has a purpose and a leader.

We visited the market for the first time and took a short walking tour of the town. We had a little time between the morning service with lunch at the Cristo Rey Church and the evening service at the Light & Life Church.

I must apologize, I was under the impression that it hardly ever rained in Huanta. Little did I know that it rained... and hard. Sunday was the first evening of 4 evenings in a row... Ugh!

Oh, yea... Sunday morning was the first major problem encountered on the trip. As I was beginning to shave for church I dropped my one and only disposable razor in the toilet. Well... do I not shave... or go in after it? (the water was clean) I had a slick face for morning worship but, I was @#$%& when I found out later that the front desk had throw away razors for 2 Solés. (about 65 cents).

wvd

No comments:

Post a Comment