From 2012 Perú

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Anticipation

I woke up on December 13, 2009, more excited than I’ve ever been in my entire life. Today was the day that Brenda Paredes would come to Charlotte and stay with me for 3 months. She hadn’t even arrived yet, and I already didn’t want her to leave.
The idea of Brenda coming to stay with us started when we were still in Peru. We were talking about her coming to NC just as a wild idea. But as we were talking about all of the things that could take place, we realized these possibilities could become realities. By the end of the trip, we were willing to do whatever we could to make that “wild idea” achievable.

After months of planning and working out arrangements, we were beginning to finalize Brenda’s travel arrangements. But it was so far out, it seemed like eternity would pass before December 13, 2009 arrived. Of course, there was one “little” roadblock.
Brenda had to get a Visa from the Embassy before she could come to the States. Everyone was so nervous, but we prayed and prayed and prayed. Finally, the day came where Brenda would be going to the Embassy.
I was on vacation in Florida while the process of getting a Visa was taking place, and the only time I could talk to Brenda was on Facebook, once a day. Every night, I would sign on to see if Brenda had updated her profile-and it had been days since she had. I was so nervous, by then I thought there was no hope. But something was telling me to pray at that moment-so I complied. Later that night, Brenda messaged me and told me she got her Visa.
Brenda and I were good friends through our mission trip, but over 6 months, Brenda has become more than a best friend to me-she is a sister, or “hermana”.
Sarah Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment