From 2012 Perú

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Kaitlin In Perú

Being given the opportunity to travel to Peru this past summer was truly the opportunity of a lifetime. Before the trip, I really didn’t know what to expect, but our time there was better than anything I could’ve imagined! The people we met there and the team from Sharon Presbyterian that we partnered with were just incredible. Each person we met on our “journey” had his or her own story to tell, with a common thread of strong faith that brought us all together.

In our twelve-day trip, we visited at least six churches, and traveled to three cities. During this trip, we got the chance to work with many different people and build our goal of 150 benches to be used as pews in the churches of the presbytery of Tambo. We worked, ate, laughed, and shared stories together. While I feel that we helped and made a difference with our ministry, I have realized that the people of Cristo Rey church along with the others we visited have helped me in a much greater sense. They showed me what it means to be a true disciple and made us a part of their family in Christ. I miss them already and hope that I will be able to return next year and for many years to follow!

-Kaitlin Lyons

No comments:

Post a Comment