From 2012 Perú

Monday, April 18, 2011

Perú Mission Network

  • One of our Presbyterian related missioners here in Perú, Pam McAbee with the Amazon Mission Fellowship, was married this last weekend in South Carolina to Collins McGraw. They will be living apart, for the most part, over the next year of her commitment to AMF in Iquitos. Her address is Pamela McAbee gringacharapa@hotmail.com should you wish to congratulate her.
  • There is less good news for Pastor Santos Buendia. He is the President of the IEPRP and was involved in a car crash March 3. He is still awaiting reconstructive surgery on his face. The tentative date is April 29. HIs address should you wish to write is sabt@amauta.rcp.net.pe He is able to work a few hours each day but the national work of the church is hindered.
Here is an excerpt from a wonderful letter he wrote:
God in His plans has allowed us to walk this narrow path. I do not complain about anything on the contrary I feel that my Lord Jesus suffered pain greater than mine. I pray every day for our God’s grace and mercy on me. Also request our Lord to open my eyes to see my wickedness and how sinful man I am. I know he loves me. At no time have I doubted of his love and forgiveness. He has a time for my healing. I will wait for it. Not as my will, but as our Father’s will. Dear Rusty & Sara and Maria, I request your prayers for me, my family and the ministry we have in Punta Hermosa. I know that my condition is at the mercy of our Heavenly Father's will.
I hope to return soon to continue preaching the Word and helping the needy. Please share this information with others in your church because we know of their love and care for us as you do in especial way.
Sincerely your brothers and friends in Christ,
Santos & Norma
  • Also for your prayer ministries, mission co-worker Debbie Horne has been in the States since December accompanying her son Eddie in a battle with cancer. She and her husband Harry (who is here in Perú) and mission co-worker Jed Koball with his wife Jenny Valles are handling the details of the Young Adult Volunteer Program. They are glad to report five new YAVs for the next term.

Saludos atentos de Sara y Rusty

No comments:

Post a Comment