From 2012 Perú

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Avondale Group Returns To Charlotte

Hey Van!

We had an amazing time in Sicuani and I think all the youth were in some way transformed. It was definitely out of their comfort zone and some of them didn't speak any Spanish, but they did great and made new friends and came home with a new outlook on life. I think we all feel more connected to the world. They witnessed the warm spirit of the Peruvian people and it was good for all of us to see the strength of their evangelism. I think our time there and our work did make a real difference to the people of the seminary and for future students as well. But it's impossible to ignore the impact that they've had on us as well. I pray that this experience will stay with these youth for a long time. And I really hope that we can continue to support a bridge between us and them in the future.

We will probably do a presentation to the church at some point and I will let you know when I find out.

My love to the Sharon crew!

Thanks,
Shea Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment