From 2012 Perú

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Greetings From Perú

Brenda & Sarah-Kate Magee
Below is a letter sent to our mission friends on behalf of Brenda Paredes. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with her as she wins her fight against tuberculosis. She knows that God hears all prayers, and with continued treatment and resulting better health, she will soon be able to return to the U.S.

Brenda is more than a translator for our teams. Brenda is a result of what is good about mission travels. Brenda has become a part of us...

Good morning from Peru,

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas celebration, and wish you the best for the coming year.

I would love to thank everyone so much for your prayers and your support. Thank you for believing in me and helping me with school during this difficult time.

My family and I have had some tough days; we had ups and downs since we knew I had this disease. At the beginning of the disease, I thought I was not going to make it and felt too weak and fragile to fight. But then, I realized that I couldn't give up so easily because I have God, a wonderful family and great friends. And those friends are YOU. People that I love and want to see again soon.

I have no words to describe God’s hands in my life. I’m very thankful to the Lord for letting me travel to the U.S., for letting me go to Winthrop University, and for giving me two angels that I miss so much, Van and Connie. God is listening to your prayers for healing.

I have learned a lot from this experience. I’m now much healthier but I am still in treatment. But I’m confident that God is with us all the way through.

I apologize for not getting in touch with you all very much, but believe me when I say, I have you all in my heart. I can’t wait to see you all at Sharon.

Me and my Peruvian family send all our love to you.

With love,
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment