From 2012 Perú

Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Week That Changed Me

A story from the Sturgis, SD, mission trip shared anonymously by one of our youth

Last week really changed me and I just want to tell everybody what happened. 

During Thursday’s evening program they gave us all a Band-Aid. The question of the night was ‘Why do you fear when Jesus is with you?’ They asked us to put the Band-Aid on our hand to cover our wound. My wound was the fear of being alone in life.

Even though I was surrounded by lots of people, I never interacted with the group. I hid myself from everybody, even people who did notice me.

To end the program we prayed and then Ashley the Emcee asked us to put our Band-Aids on the cross when we were ready to give up our fear. After she said that, I immediately got up and started to walk down. I placed my Band-Aid on the cross and sat down on the wall. That night I accepted that I didn't have confidence in myself. That night was really moving to me.

The next day I saw Jesus work through me as I went up to people and talked and hung out with them.  It was like my fear was gone, before that night I did't really have faith in Jesus. But the next day, like that, I switched groups and became faithful.  I don't really know what happened to me that made me change so much but today I feel like a new person.  That Work Camp was the best thing that I have ever done in my entire life.

No comments:

Post a Comment