From 2012 Perú

Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Note From Samuel

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

Please receive my cordial greetings and pass on that I am in good health.  My wife Julia and my children Denil and Yesenia are also doing well.  We are here in Huanta enjoying the rainy season.  The whole landscape is very green, there is good crops in the fields and families are very happy.  I'm at work without any major developments to date.

I have fond memories of my stay in your beautiful city with my brothers and sisters.  I remember Connie picking me up at the airport and arriving at the home of my brother Randy.  It was much as I had imagined.  The Sharon Church was a dream for me.  I still can not explain how I could travel to another country, for as you know, it's not very common here.

Above all, I thank God and say thanks to each of the delegation of Sharon.  I am praying for you as I am sure you are continuing to pray for me.  I am praying brothers and sister that the Lord himself can bring us back together again.

I have already set aside my work schedule for the month of August.  God willing, this time we will be together.

I remain supporting the presbytery here in its activities by visiting small groups that live close to the city of Huanta. Tonight we will have a meeting in the house of a family who recently came to Christ.  We will be blessed again with another small group.

We have received land that we have been able to split into lots to give to 150 families in need.  These families were affected by political violence in the 80s and 90s.

There is also another initiative for workers to continue to build new churches in the mountains.

Thank you very much and may the Lord bless us.
Samuel Montes

No comments:

Post a Comment