From 2012 Perú

Monday, August 22, 2011

Trip Followup

As Randy said;

I'll be happy to post any views about the trip this year.

Also, thanks to each of you that has sent me their pictures and videos.  I have been loading a few each night into the 2011 Peru album (albeit the maps and captions are not completed yet).  The picture album can be accessed anytime through the link on this blog page or use this link  We have much more to come!

Mission videos are being added too!  They are being loaded into the Mission Videos album.  It can also be accessed anytime using the link on this blog page or by using this link.

wvd

2 comments:

  1. Van,

    You and Connie are the best. I had my pictures finished last week but just finally burned them on a disc to mail. Thank you so much for letting me use your awesome camera. It's amazing how sharp the photos came out. You'll notice the back of your head makes a cameo appearance in more than a couple of the pics. Also, these photos are all retouched (some drastically), except the profile picture of Sarah. I did not do anything to it except crop it to 4"x6".

    I cannot tell you what a tremendous experience this trip has been, and certainly look forward should God bless us to be able to return next year. All our best to you, Connie, and the saints at Sharon and Avondale Pres. Can't wait to cause more mischief with everyone.

    In Christ,
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Van,

    I want to second Rob’s comments when he said, “You and Connie are the best.” From the first moments of being with you for breakfast before the trip to the last airport moments—tired in Charlotte , you were terrific. Your welcoming ways and tireless energy served all of us so well. And Connie, your unbounded and infectious laugh and contagious warmth put so many people at ease. What gifts! Thank you for opening yourselves to Sarah Kate and me. Words cannot begin to describe what the trip meant and means to me. Sarah Kate tells me she has written Randy and told him that she wants to go with you guys next year. Within a week of being back, she figured the amount she would need to save weekly in order to be financially ready for next summer. I look forward to being with you again.

    PS SK has all of our pics. She is home Sept 10 and is supposed to bring the camera/memory card. She posted lots on her Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete